Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Digital Photography and iMath


David - it's so true that mathematics is the subject that gets the short end of the stick when it comes to innovative lesson plans. I have to admit, I fall into that trap almost daily. Since I wasn't a very mathematically-minded student as a child, I find it difficult to come up with lesson plans that are fun and creative, and present different approaches to learning. Aside from using math manipulatives (which I do often as the students are more engaged), I definitely lack in the innovation aspect of math teaching.

This website looks great, and I especially like lesson plan idea about the math vocab photobook. Although this is a MAC site, it is also a lesson task that can easily be adapted to a program such as Microsoft Movie Maker.

I thought the lesson plan looked so good, and the site itself looks promising, that I joined! I hope the fact that I don't have a Mac doesn't have an effect on the amount of resources I can access! I look forward to using this website, thanks for the sharing the wealth!

No comments: